Put the oven on 200 degrees C.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup strawberries
Put in a pot, bring to a boil, and let cool. Once cold-ish enoug, run the water and strawberries through a bullet/food processor to make strawberry juice.
It can be a bit tricky to measure up one cup of strawberries as strawberries are pretty big. To make it easier, do as follows:
- Get an empty pint glass (or a nice jug with measures on the side).
- Add one cup of water to the pint glass.
- Add strawberries to the pint glass until the water almost runs over.
- Done – because science, or something.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup flour (khorasan/kamut)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup hazlenuts
Put everything in a food processor and run until only small crumbs remain.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Stir the sweet bits (honey and chocolate) into the dry parts. When the chocolate chips are evenly distributed, stir in the liquid part. Stir until you have a nice moist mix. It won’t be smooth, but that’s fine.
Pour the mix into a pan. My pan’s roughly 20 cm by 30 cm, which is about the same as 8 inches by 12 inches. Cover the pan with baking paper to make it easier to get the cake out of the pan.
Bake in the middle of the oven for 30 minutes (200 degrees C)