Since a few years back I’m part of the Article Team on Mythic Scribes. Mythic Scribes is an online community dedicated to the art of fantasy storytelling. Writing articles for this site is the main reason I’m not posting much (if at all) about the technical aspects of writing here on the blog. That kind of “serious” stuff is something I save for my articles on Mythic Scribes.
The article team produces one article per week on a topic relevant to the site’s interests (writing, storytelling, fantasy) so there’s a lot of good stuff available.
Personally, I write one to two articles per quarter, and you can find the full list of what I’ve written on the site here.
I’m also maintaining a list here on this page:
- A Beginner’s Guide to Writing Descriptions – Part 1
- Understanding How Readers Read
- A Beginner’s Guide to Writing Descriptions – Part 2
- How to Plan and Write a Conversation
- Writing in a Foreign Language – Like English
- Small Sparks of Life – Making Your World Feel Alive
- Don’t Let Quality Stop You Now
- Speaking Without Words – Writing Body Language
- Kishōtenketsu for Beginners – An Introduction to Four Act Story Structure
- How Walking Sparks the Imagination
- Writer’s Voice — What It Is, and How to Find It
- Voice vs. Grammar
- Writing Outside Your Home
- Write What You Don’t Know – Three Tips for Winging It
- Writing Killer Descriptions – First Impressions
- Writing and the Power of Association
- Don’t Show, Don’t Tell — How to Leave Room for the Reader’s Imagination