I’m done with the outlines. Twenty novellas prepared and ready to be dressed in prose. It’s a bit scary.
I started yesterday. I wrote the introduction words, and I began writing on the first scene/chapter. This morning I continued on the same scene, and this afternoon I scrapped it and started over.
That always seem to happen to me for some reason. I start working on a scene, and I get to a point where it just doesn’t work and I have to scrap it and start over. It’s an awkward and inefficient way of figuring out what the scene is not supposed to be about.
Okay, to say it always happens like that may be a bit of an exaggeration, but it’s often enough it’s familiar to me. Part of the process – if unwanted.
Either way, it’s done now, and the first scene is now taking shape for real, and it’s much better than the initial version.